UPSC Prelims Exam Syllabus 2013
CSAT General Studies Paper 1 Syllabus
CSAT Paper I - (200 marks) Duration: Two hours. Questions: 100
- Current Affairs: Events of national and international importance.
- History of India and Indian National Movement.
- Indian and World Geography - Physical, Social, Economic geography of India and the World.
- Indian Polity and Governance – Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
- Economic and Social Development – Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives, etc.
- General issues on Environmental Ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change (no subject specialization required).
- General Science.
CSAT General Studies Paper 2 Syllabus
CSAT Paper II - (200 marks) Duration: Two hours. Questions: 80
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills.
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability.
- Decision making and problem solving.
- General mental ability.
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude etc.) (Class X level), Data Interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. - Class X level).
- English Language Comprehension skills (Class X level).
- Questions relating to English Language Comprehension skills of Class X level. (will be tested through passages from English language only without providing Hindi translation).
Note 1: Questions relating to English Language Comprehension skills of Class X level (last item in the Syllabus of Paper II) will be tested through passages from English language only without providing Hindi translation thereof in the question paper.
Note 2: The questions will be of multiple choices, objective type.